MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.
The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students — ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula — were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.
“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smel...Read More
KABUL: Islamic State claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on a Shi‘ite cultural center and news agency on Thursday in the Afghan capital that killed dozens of people attending a conference.
Ismail Kawosi, a spokesman for the ministry of public health, said 41 people had been killed and 48 wounded in the latest in a series of attacks on media organizations in Kabul.
The attack, which involved at least three explosions, occurred during a morning panel discussion on the anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Sunni-majority Afghanistan at the Tabian Social and Cultural Centre, with many of those attending students, witnesses said.
It was also the latest in a series of attacks on Shi‘ite targets by Islamic State, which claimed responsibility in an online statement.
The floors of the c...Read More